Date: 25th November 2010 at 6:14pm
Written by:

Three goals on the last fifteen minutes saw Exeter City snatch the most unlikely of draws against high flying Oldham.

Aidan White`s solo run, Oumare Tounkara`s header and Chris Taylor`s low drive had given Oldham a commanding 3-0 half time lead.

Richard Logan and Jamie Cureton gave City hope with neat close range finishes.

The Grecians even missed a late penalty as Dean Brill tipped Ryan Harley`s spot kick onto the post before Daniel Nardiello bundled in a last gasp equaliser in a frantic finally.

Boasting an unbeaten home record Oldham were quick to grab the early initiative, White skipped threw four limp challenges before sweeping the ball past Artur Krysiak for the opening goal.

The lead was soon doubled, Dale Stephens crossed for the prolific Tounkara who neatly headed home unchallenged from six yards.

On the stroke of half time Chris Taylor found an opening to smash the ball into the bottom corner as the hosts became rampant.

A change of system in the second half for City saw David Noble and Nardiello introduced and to great effect.

Logan grabbed City`s first goal back on 77 minutes, poking home from close range after Brill had spilled Harley`s initial effort.

The deficit was further reduced five minutes later, Cureton driving the ball home at the second attempt as alarm bells rang throughout Boundary Park.

Just two minutes from time and a mazy Nardiello run was illegally brought to an end by Carl Winchester inside the area. But Harley`s penalty was superbly touched onto the post by Brill as Oldham looked set to cling on to victory.

But City weren`t to be denied, a corner wasn`t cleared and chaos followed, several City players helped the ball goal wards before Nardiello`s decisive header from point blank range gave City an unlikely share of the points.

Exeter City: Krysiak, Duffy (Noble), Taylor, Archibald-Henville, Tully, Golbourne, Sercombe, Dunne (Nardiello), Harley, Cureton, Logan

Unused subs: P Jones, B Jones, Cozic, Thomson, O`flynn